Today, in our current world, a new multilingual, multicultural and global reality has emerged, and that is the reason why our school provides a multilingual, intercultural and international educational proposal.
Our school, with professional dedication over the years, offers a true quality education, promotes academic internationalization and technological connectivity of the teaching & learning processes of the 21st century.
The basis of our educational model
We use active, experiential and manipulative methods to facilitate the development of skills and knowledge in the different learning areas.
The heuristic method of detection is applied, a method in which understanding comes before memorising, in which exploration comes before acceptance of realities and in which the teacher presents the elements of learning in order to make them significant before they are expected to be integrated by the students.
Regarding the types of reasoning, we use deductive, inductive, analogical and comparative methods.
Students are the centre of interest and the main protagonists of all educational activities. The newfound knowledge, attitudes and values are consolidated by their active involvement in the learning process.
Emotional and peer-to-peer conflict resolution learning takes place as well in the students’ itinerary of formal education, as they grow as people, in a culture of peace.
Main educational goals
- To ensure the students’ achievement of the competencies contributing to educational success.
- To offer a plurilingual competence:
- English (1st foreign language) from E.I 3 to 4t ESO
- French (2nd foreign language) from 5th EP to 4th ESO
- CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning; subjects taught 100% either in English or French) from E.I.3 to 4th ESO
KINDERGATEN (3 TO 6 YEARS):
Music in English
- First cycle (6 to 8 YEARS): Arts and Crafts & Music in English
- Second cycle (8 to 10 years): Physical Education,& Music in English
- Third Cycle (10 to 12 years): Natural and Social Environment & Music in English; Arts plastiques in French
Music & Social Environment in English. Crèdits Variables: Let’s sing, Let’s think, Political & Physical Maps in English; Arts plastiques in French
- To educate in digital competence. We make electronic school and personal devices available to achieve educational aims and knowledge acquisition: bee-bots, robots, Tablets, PCs, Legos, 3Dprinters, Interactive whiteboards…
- To educate in values for self-knowledge and citizenship.
Criteria of pedagogical organisation
Students are attended in ordinary classroom groups, with individualised attention and with flexible groups of extension and reinforcement of learnings.
To the stage of Primary and Secondary education, every trimester, organise sessions between big Friends and small Friends to favour the affective ties between intergenerational friends. Also once for a trimester, organise sessions where the figure of the Speaker between big and small favours the communicative value of the English language between intergenerational friends
The Department of Psycho Pedagogical Orientation, two psychologists and a speech therapist, provides a suitable educational answer as the needs of the students, the families and the teachers.
Projects and activities highlighted by the centre
DUAL INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
COLONIES in Infant Education
CAMPUS OF SPORT AND AVENTURE, SPORTS CAMP in the English language in Primary Education.
LINGUISTIC STAYS in Secondary Education
- 1r ESO- Stay of 5 days in Valencia, in a tourist complex with immersion in the English language
- 4t ESO- Stay of 5 days in France, with immersion in the French language and obtaining the voluntary A1, A2 accreditation of the European Common Framework
PREPARATION OF OFFICIAL EXAMS
- Voluntary accreditation CAMBRIDGE
- Primary: Young Learners Exams (Starters, Movers, Flyers). Examiner centre
- Secondary: KET, PET and First
- Voluntary accreditation Certificate DELF.
- Secondary: levels A1 and A2
Participation in school exits and colonies is voluntary.
Areas of participation and collaboration
The school takes part and collaborates in the life of the Poblenou and Barcelona in cultural and social entities. Realise solidarity collections and is present in solidarity needs of the nearest environment.
The school participates in community acts of the educational world: Cantània, Dansa Ara…
The school is keen to participate in activities that represent global growth as citizens of the world participating in competitions, tests and challenges such: Cosmocaixa, MagicLine, Cangur, Floral Games, BCN al Galop, literary competitions, Espurna UAB Project, Contact with the International Space Station.